Airdrome’s 53 years of fitting experience is reflected in our ability to provide high quality, dependable products within the shortest lead times. From a manufacturing standpoint, we have created an advanced manufacturing facility devoted to producing products using single piece product flow. Equipment and processing capabilities include:
- (2) 6-Spindle Automatic Screw Machines
- (10) Accuturn CNC Lathes
- Chevalier Surface Grinder
- Sunnen Hone
- (2) Okuma LB15 CNC Turning Centers
- (8) Okuma LNC-8C CNC Turning Centers
- Cadillac Engine Lathe
- Mercury Cut-off Saw
- (2) Pedestal Drill Presses
- (3) Hardinge CNC Lathes
- (4) J+L 14" Optical Comparators *
- Darex XPS-16 CNC Drill Grinder
- Tree Journeyman CNC Mill
- Okuma LB10 CNC Turning Center
- Baldor Disc Grinder
- Republic CNC Horizontal Mill
- (2) Cincinnati Centerless Grinders
- Reed A22B and A22 Thread Rollers
- Brother Hi-Tap Tapping Machine
- (2) K&K Calamar Lapping Machines
- Cyclo-Blast Vaport Hone
- Auto Technology Salt Spray Booth *
- Wilson 4JR Hardness Tester *
* Inspection/Test Equipment
All products are manufactured using 100% Statistical Process Control (SPC), with operators empowered to shut down processes if a minimum 1.66Cpk is not maintained. This assures each and every piece within a lot meets drawing requirements – and in fact, hits nominal tolerances as opposed to using the entire tolerance band. What you get are consistent parts with minimal part to part variation.
To assure maximum available capacity, APC has also established long-term relationships with key suppliers. Our supply base has been strategically developed to provide us with additional capacity, operational flexibility and shorter lead times than our competitors. And our use of advanced supplier management techniques also allows us to assure unparalleled quality and delivery on all products – whether manufactured internally or externally.
APC – and our suppliers – have a demonstrated commitment to Lean Manufacturing techniques. Our use of Accelerated Improvement Workshops (AIW's), SPC and Cellular Manufacturing assures the highest quality and shortest lead times for every production order.
From initial quote to final product delivery, Airdrome is committed to meeting or exceeding the needs of our customers.
Airdrome Precision Components not only manufactures high quality fittings, we also offer value-added services to a variety of OEM's. Please contact our Sales department for further information and quotes related to utilizing our state-of-the-art product testing facility.